The faculty regularly engages in a diverse range of activities to address societal needs. These include participation in student-centric events as well as delivering both popular and specialized talks within and outside the university to motivate young minds. This involvement helps the students gain a broader appreciation of the subject and also an exposure to the topical research areas both within and outside the department. A few examples of some such activities are listed below.
- Transit of Venus : This exciting event was organized in the department in collaboration with the Centre for Science Education and Communication
- led the Indian delegation of Physics students at the International Physics Olympiad held in Mumbai, India, during July 2015.
- members of the Academic Committee of the International Physics Olympiad.
- reviewers for National Curriculum Physics Textbooks for Senior School.
- office-bearer of the Indian Physics Association.
- led a team of undergraduate students from the university to participate in Universitas Summer School on Conflict Resolution in Dublin in collaboration with the Centre for Science Education and Communication.
- interactive sessions in the DST-INSPIRE programme for school and college students conducted in different cities nationwide.
- Mathematics Learning in Pre colonial India
- Public lecture, at India International Centre (IIC) on networks whose webcast is publicly available on the IIC site
li> Evolution of Universe and Higgs Boson, National Science Day organized by the Indian Science Congress Association, Delhi, on February 28, 2014.
- University Engagement and Social Enterprise, Srinakharinwirot University, Thailand, 2014
- Black holes and Gravitational waves, at the National Science Day organized by IUAC, New Delhi, on February 28, 2016.
- Bose-Einstein Condensates and Quantum theory, in the `Frontiers of Physics' meeting at the University of Burdwan, in March 2017.
- Nanomaterials: an overview, Asian Institute of Technology,Thailand, 2014
- An outburst on Gravitational Wave Bursts,Radio Bursts and Gamma Ray Bursts’ in the Journal Club School of Physical Sciences, JNU, in October 6, 2017.
- Black holes, in the National Seminar on Physics, at the Department of Physics, Karimganj, on January 19, 2018.
- Science - the path that leads to Ultimate Reality, on March 10, 2018, at DIT University, Dehradun.
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Memorial lecture on `Supermassive Black holes, at Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, in March 2018.
- Black holes are hot stuff, at BITS, Pilani, on April 7, 2018.
- Lectures on `The enigma of time' and `Comets in Vedic literature and ancient Far Eastern astronomical records, at the Refresher Course on Liberal Arts at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, on April 9, 2018.